AsahiGuard E-SERIES products are fluorinated water/oil repellents that contain no PFOA (at or above detection limits), longer chain PFCs or their precursors. Drawing on fluorine’s extraordinary properties, these specialty chemicals provide excellent protection and durability against water, oil and dry soil without changing the texture, color or breathability of a fabric or material. Textiles treated with AsahiGuard E-SERIES products resist dirt and, when they do become dirty, are easy to clean. That’s because the very low surface tension of AsahiGuard E-SERIES products makes oils, stains and water bead rather than soak into material. When applied, these coatings can keep materials such as fabrics, paper, leather, carpet and uniforms looking new longer. They can also be used in combination with other agents such as starches, paper strengthening agents and fixative agents.
AsahiGuard E-SERIES products have appropriate clearances in the U.S. (Toxic Substance Control Act), in the EU and in Japan (Chemical Substances Control Law). They also comply with Food Sanitation Law in Japan and are approved by the FDA in the United States and BfR* in Europe for food packaging use.
AsahiGuard C6 technology was first to market, three years ahead of the 2015 EPA mandate.
The following products are bluesign®-registered:
*Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung -- Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
Click here for more information on the latest innovations related to AsahiGuard E-SERIES products.
Click here to download an overview of AsahiGuard E-SERIES Laboratory Elements: material development, customer support, and application simulation for coated paper production.
- Durable against high temperatures and varying weather conditions
- Adaptable to different materials
- Excellent dry soil resistance
- Protect textiles without affecting color or texture
- Water and stain repellent properties
- Easily cleaned
- No PFOA (at or above detection limits) and low carbon number of 6 (lower than standard fluorinated water and oil repellents)
- High-quality barrier to water, oil and grease for paper and board
- Add stain and water resistance to textiles
- Heavy-duty water repellent for tents, filters, partitions and similar items
- Extend durability in food wrapping materials, trays, cooking paper and packaging
By request only
If you do not see the MSDS you are looking for, please contact us.
- Technical Documentation
AsahiGuard E-SERIES Product Information