AsahiKlin AK-225 Precision Cleaning Solvents
AsahiKlin AK-225 Precision Cleaning Solvents are environmentally sensible hydrochlorofluorocarbons designed to replace chlorofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons and other HCFCs that have high ozone depletion potential. One-hundred percent free of VOCs (volatile organic compounds), the solvents have substantially lower global warming potential (370) than PFCs and HFCs, as well as an extremely low ozone depletion potential (0.03). Their selective solvency, physical properties and ability to form azeotropes make AK-225 solvents ideal for general and precision cleaning, drying, dewatering and defluxing applications. They can also be used as carriers for silicone and fluorinated lubricants. They also have a broad range of compatibility similar to CFC-113. The boiling point of the solvents is 54°C, the freezing point is -131 °C, and they are thermally stable and non-flammable with no flash point. They are commonly used for applications where other alternatives cannot be used due to unreliability, equipment restrictions or other concerns.
Six standard formulations are available: AK-225 for precision cleaning, as a carrier fluid, for cooling and for other applications where CFC-113, HCFC-141b and PFCs were utilized; AK-225 AES, AK-225 T and AK-225 ATE for defluxing, drying and other applications where CFC-113/alcohol azeotropes and HCFC-141b/alcohol azeotropes were used; AK-225 DH for displacement drying; and AK-225 FPL for removing dust particulate and certain types of mold release agents from acrylic resin, stressed polycarbonate and ABS resins.
Introducing the new AsahiKlin AE3000 Series Environmentally Friendly Fluorinated Solvents
Click Technical Documentation tab below to download product information.
- 100 percent VOC-free
- Low global warming potential (370) and ozone depletion potential (0.03)
- Low surface tension (16.2 dyne/cm, 25 °C) and viscosity (0.59 cp, 25 °C)
- Short drying time and excellent finish of cleaned parts
- Nonflammable, low acute toxicity and highly stable
- Broad compatibility with most plastics, elastomers, substrates and metals
- Six grades formulated for specific applications
- Cleaning of high-precision plastic and electronic components such as reflector glasses for laser printers, audio and video heads, and lenses
- Solvent carrier for silicone oils, hard disk lubricants, fluorinated greases and anti-rust agents
- Defluxing of printed circuit boards
- Drying element in aqueous system or as part of hydrocarbon cleaning process
- Refrigeration coolant and carrier solvent
- Precision cleaning of molded resin (components for copiers, cellular phones, camera parts, etc.)
- Dewatering of optical components
- Precision cleaning of delicate substrates
AsahiKlin AK-225 T AsahiKlin AK-225 G AsahiKlin AK-225 FPL AsahiKlin AK-225 DH AsahiKlin AK-225 ATE AsahiKlin AK-225 AES AsahiKlin AK-225 AsahiKlin AK-225 Aerosol AsahiKlin AK-225 Film Grade
If you do not see the MSDS you are looking for, please contact us.
- Technical Documentation
AsahiKlin AK-225 Film Grade Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 G Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 FPL Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 DH Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 ATE Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 AES Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 Aerosol Grade Product Information AsahiKlin AK-225 Product Information AsahiKlin AE3000 Product Information AsahiKlin AE3000AT Product Information AsahiKlin AE3000ATE Product Information AsahiKlin AE3100E Product Information