AFLAS® fluoroelastomers are the material of choice for parts and components that need to perform reliably in the world’s harshest environments. AGC formulated AFLAS resins from alternating polymers of tetrafluoroethylene and propylene to achieve unique properties over a conventional FKM-type fluoroelastomer. These properties include outstanding resistance to heat, chemicals, fuels, acids, bases, solvents, ozone and steam. Several AFLAS grades are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for contact with food, making them an ideal material for parts like seals that are used in food processing applications where heat and/or aggressive chemicals will quickly degrade other types of rubber.
Click on the purple dots below to explore the benefits of AFLAS fluoroelastomers
- 100 Series – high strength grade – these elastomers are ideal for applications like seals that require mechanical strength. AFLAS 150P, 100S and 100H have FDA approval for food contact in the A-H temperature range.
- 150 Series – standard grade – these elastomers are ideal for the production of extrusions and compression moldings that require electrical insulation properties
- 150E – grade for insulating high-voltage power cables
- Latex Series – liquid grade – these elastomers are ideal for binders, coating materials and other applications
- 200P – specialty FKM for improved performance at cold temperatures
- PM-1100 and PM-3000 FFKM series – for ultra-hot temperatures
- PM-3500 FFKM series - a peroxide curable polymer that can achieve a hardness of 70 without adding fillers that increase the risk of contamination. Ideal for semiconductor etching processes when resistance to plasma is critical
- PM-5000 and 5500 FFKM series - nitrile curable polymers that have high temperature durability beyond 300 °C. Their O2 and NF3 plasma resistance make them ideal for semiconductor applications.
- 400E or 600X FEPM grades – designed for multi-layer hose constructions used in high-pressure, high-temperature areas around the engine. Resistant to NOx, SOx, engine oils and other aggressive automotive fluids.
Select AFLAS fluorinated elastomers when failure is not an option
AFLAS 100 and 150 series fluoroelastomers are easily compounded by open mill and internal mixers. These polymer compounds are then fabricated into finished parts and shapes (like “rubber” seals and gaskets) using press molding, injection molding, extrusion and calendaring processes. AFLAS parts are used in many industries including:
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical Processing
- Heavy Duty Diesel
- Wire & Cable
- Food Handling and Pharmaceutical
AFLAS 200P specialty FKM maintains good base resistance and offers improved performance at cold temperatures. AFLAS PM-1100 and PM-3000 FFKM series fluoroelastomers are peroxide-curable and hold their performance at temperatures up to 270 degrees C.
AFLAS Fluoroelastomer manufactured without PFOA!
For more information, click here.