LUMIFLON® FEVE Improves Durability and Weatherability of San Diego Airport, Skydance Bridge, Burj Al Arab Hotel and Other Iconic Structures
AGC Chemicals Americas to Highlight Notable LUMIFLON-based Coatings Applications at American Coatings Show
EXTON, Pa., April 1, 2016 – AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. will feature LUMIFLON® fluoroethylene vinyl ether (FEVE) resins for industrial and architectural applications at the 2016 American Coatings Show. Topcoats formulated with LUMIFLON resins are ultra-weatherable, offering outstanding gloss and color retention and protection from UV light, wind, rain and corrosion. LUMIFLON-based coatings ensure a longer life on building exteriors and facades, bridges, aircraft, automobiles, water towers and solar panels, resulting in less need for repainting and a substantial decrease in lifecycle costs.
Visit AGC’s coatings experts at booth 2936 to discuss how LUMIFLON FEVE resins enhance the exteriors of dozens of world-renowned structures including:
- San Diego International Airport, Calif. (Coating supplier: Tnemec Company, Inc.)
- Erie on the Park High Rise, Chicago, Ill. (Coating supplier: All-Tech Decorating Company)
- Crocs Flagship Store, New York City (Coating supplier: Alpolic from Mitsubishi Plastics)
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore (Coating supplier: Alpolic from Mitsubishi Plastics)
- Burj Al Arab Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE (Coating supplier: Alpolic from Mitsubishi Plastics)
- Skydance Bridge, Oklahoma City, Okla. (Coating supplier: Tnemec Company, Inc.)
- Rider Way Pedestrian Bridge, Des Moines, Iowa (Coating supplier: Carboline Company)
- Visit Hollywood Florida Water Tank, Fla. (Coating supplier: Tnemec Company, Inc.)
- Windmill Farm (Coating application: Blades, Tower, and Motor Housing)
- Statoil Gullfaks B Oil Field Platform, North Sea (Coating supplier: Carboline Company)
Used in paints and coatings for more than 30 years, LUMIFLON, a transparent fluororesin, can be used to make both clear and pigmented coatings in more than 230 colors in high-gloss to flat finishes. In addition, LUMIFLON resins are the first solvent-soluble fluoropolymer resins for coatings that can be cured at room temperature or at elevated temperatures, making them suitable for both field and factory application.
Depending on the substrate and environment, LUMIFLON-based coatings can be formulated to last 30 years or more. LUMIFLON resins are available in conventional solvent grades, as well as powder form, water-based resins and solid resins for the production of low-VOC and HAPS-free environmentally friendly coatings.
- Burj Al Arab Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Skydance Bridge, Oklahoma City, Okla.
About The American Coatings Show
The American Coatings Show & Conference is the leading North American industry exhibition and conference for the coatings, paints, sealants, construction chemicals and adhesives industry. The exhibition and trade show will take place April 12-14, 2016 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. ACS is organized by the American Coatings Association and Vincentz Network. For additional information visit: www.american-coatings-show.com/en/.
About AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc.
AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of AGC, Inc., a $13 billion multinational corporation and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass, electronic displays and chemical products. The company was formed in 2004 through the merging of sister companies Asahi Glass Fluoropolymers USA and AGA Chemicals. Headquartered in Exton, Pa., AGC Chemicals Americas maintains manufacturing operations in nearby Thorndale, Pa., and warehouses located throughout North America.