LUMIFLON® FEVE Resins
LUMIFLON® is the first solvent-soluble fluoropolymer resin for coatings that can be cured at room temperature or at elevated temperatures. LUMIFLON resins, used in topcoats, are ultra-weatherable, and maintain their excellent appearance on buildings, bridges, and other structures, as well as on aircraft, automobiles, and solar panels. LUMIFLON coatings protect steel, aluminum and other metals as well as concrete from degradation by UV light, wind and rain, and corrosion. A transparent fluororesin, LUMIFLON can be used to make both clear and pigmented coatings. Because of their ultra-weatherability, LUMIFLON based coatings offer substantial life cycle cost savings over conventional coatings. The resins can be formulated into coatings with a range of gloss (from high gloss to flat finishes) in more than 230 colors. LUMIFLON resins are available for almost any type of coating, including solvent based resins, powder coating resins, environmentally friendly solid resins for low VOC and HAPS free coatings, and water emulsion and water dispersion resins. For more information on the latest innovations related to LUMIFLON FEVE resins, please go to www.lumiflonusa.com.
AGC Chemicals is proud to sponsor a new online AIA Continuing Education course entitled Architectural Protective Coatings: FEVE Technology. Click here to complete this course . We encourage you to provide feedback on this course through our Contact Us page.
- Outstanding UV light, chemical, and corrosion resistance
- Excellent weather resistance compared to conventional topcoats
- Long-lasting color and gloss retention
- Soluble in common solvents and compatible with water
- Curable at room temperature or elevated temperature
- Wide range of resin types for almost any coating market segment
- Industrial Maintenance: Bridges, storage tanks, water towers
- Transportation: Aircraft, automobiles, trains
- Architectural: Metal composite panels, aluminum extrusions for window frames
- Alternative Energy: Solar panels, wind towers
Click here to request an SDS sheet.