CYTOP™ amorphous fluoropolymers have the same excellent chemical, thermal, electrical and surface properties as conventional fluoropolymers like PTFEs, but also exhibit high optical transparency and good solubility in specific fluorinated solvents. CYTOP fluoropolymers are like transparent PTFEs.
The thermoplastic characteristics of CYTOP, coupled with its transparency, solubility, insulation properties, resistance to chemicals, and oils/water repellency, make it a popular choice for coating electronic materials. CYTOP amorphous fluoropolymers exhibits low refractive index, low coefficient of optical dispersion and good lamination properties. CYTOP amorphous fluoropolymers are available on request in various solvents (110ºC – 180ºC) and at various concentrations.
The CYTOP™ trademark is registered in Japan.
- Technical Documentation
- Technical Information
- Standard of CYTOP
- Starter Kit
- Mold release
- Electric insulation
- Water and oil repellency
- Chemical resistance
- Low refractive index
- Low coefficient of optical dispersion
- Good lamination properties
Click here to request an SDS sheet.
|CYTOP Brochure||2016-12-05||1.28 MB||2091|
|CYTOP Grades||2016-12-05||410.03 KB||695|
|Fluororesin coating material CYTOP with low refractive index||2017-01-30||354.8 KB||440|
|Fluororesin coating material CYTOP in bio-chip applications||2017-01-30||402.39 KB||434|
|High-transparency fluororesin coating material CYTOP||2017-01-30||413.3 KB||409|
|Water/oil-repellent fluororesin coating material CYTOP||2017-01-30||447.82 KB||426|
|Chemical resistant fluororesin coating material CYTOP||2017-01-30||396.46 KB||411|
|Fluororesin coating material CYTOP with electrical insulation property||2017-01-30||402.05 KB||415|
|Treatment method of CYTOP primer “silane coupling agent”||2017-07-25||701.75 KB||71|
|CYTOP pattern processing method||2017-07-25||703.11 KB||74|
|Dry etching characteristics of the CYTOP||2017-07-25||700.61 KB||65|
|Example of peeling method for CYTOP film||2017-07-25||701.96 KB||66|
|Coating characteristics of CYTOP||2017-07-25||653.15 KB||73|
|Example of viscosity of CYTOP solution||2017-07-25||514.72 KB||71|
|Example of CYTOP curing conditions||2017-07-25||668.43 KB||68|
|Introduction of CYTOP S type adhesion method (for spin coating)||2017-07-25||765.37 KB||71|
|Molding method with CYTOP solution cast||2017-07-25||629.51 KB||68|
|Infrared ray transmittance of CYTOP||2017-07-25||517.68 KB||69|
|Thermal stability of CYTOP||2017-07-25||569.31 KB||70|
- High Transmittance: DUV 200 nm – NIR 2.0 µm > 95%
- Low Refractive Index, Minimal Color Observation: nD: 1.34, Abbe #: 90
- Electrical Properties: Dielectric constant: 2.1, volume resistivity > 1017 Ω·m
- Thin Film Coating: Soluble in perfluoro solvent: film thickness beyond 0.1 µm
1Registered trademark of Asahi Glass.
2Registered trademark of DuPont.
3Registered trademark of 3M.
|Refractive Index||1.34||1.35||1.35||1.49||Abbe Refractormeter|
|Transmittance (%)||95||opaque||opaque||93||Visible Region, 200 µm|
|Abbe Number||90||--||--||55||Abbe Refractometor|
|Glass Transition Temperature (°C)||108||(130)||(75)||105-120||DSC|
|Melting Point (°C)||not observed||327||310||iso 160 |
|Density (g/cm3)||2.03||2.14-2.20||2.12-2.17||1.19-1.20||25 °C|
|Contact Angle of Water (degree)||110||114||115||80||25 °C|
|Critical Surface Tension (dyn/cm)||19||18||18||39||25 °C|
|Water Absorptivity (%)||<0.01||<0.01||<0.01||0.3||60 °C |
|Durometer Hardness||HDD78||HDD55||HDD58-60||HDD92||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Expansion |
|7.4*10-5||1.0*10-4||1.3*10-4||8.0*10-5||TMA (40-100 °C)|
|Gas Permeation||Comparison of Oxygen|
|Gas||Permeability (cm3 cm/cm2s Pa)||Product||Oxygen Permeation (cm3 cm/cm2s Pa)|
|Product||Permeability (cm3 cm/cm2s Pa)|
|Chemicals||Weight Change (%)||Appearance||Remarks|
|0.0||No change|| |
60 °C*1 week
60 °C*1 week
|0.0||No change||60 °C*1 week|
|Organic Solvents |
|0.0||No change||R.T.*1 week|
How to read the "Grade"
CTX-809AP2 / CTL-109AE/CTL-809M
|CYTOP||Molecular Weight||Boiling Point of Solvent||Polymer Content (%)||Functional Group||Optional|
|Brand||X: standard (250K to 300K) |
L: low (150K to 200K)
|1: 100 °C/100 series for dip coating |
8: 180 °C/800 series for spin coating
|7% or 9% concentration of the solution||A: standard |
M: for adhesion to inorganic materials
|E, P, P2, none|
Major Types of CYTOP™
- Dip Coating: CTL-109AE
- Spin Coating: CTX-809A; CTX-809AP2; CTL-809M
How to use CYTOP™
- AGC normally supplies a 9% solution.
- To achieve the thickness desired, control the concentration of the CYTOP™ solution as well as speed of coating. For this purpose, we supply the solvent at the same time as the CYTOP™ solution.
First purchase procedure
Please find below the procedures for purchasing CYTOP™ for the first time:
- Because there are several CYTOP grades, we need some technical information to recommend the best grade for your application.
- CYTOP™ is regulated by Japanese and European laws, and an export license is necessary. If you are not involved in atomic, military or chemical weapon activity, getting a license will take time but should not be a problem. However, if an export license is not granted, AGC has the right to decline your request or order.
- The enclosed questionnaire asks you for technical information, information needed to apply for an export license and delivery information. Please complete this questionnaire and send it back to us at your earliest convenience.
- For the first trial, we offer our standard package (“Starter Kit”) containing 100 g CYTOP solution + 300 g solvent.
- Price is dependent on the specific CYTOP grade. Please contact us at email@example.com to request the price for a suitable grade and application. The price includes delivery costs to your premises, but does not include import duty and VAT (delivery term is DAP Incoterm 2010). Please note that, from 2015, the commercial conditions will change for the “only solvent order.”
- Standard delivery time is 4-6 weeks after receipt of your order sheet or advance payment (depending on which method is used). For the first purchase, however, the delivery time is longer because of the procedure for obtaining the export license.
If you agree to the above procedure, click the button below. You will then be taken to a questionnaire. After you submit your completed questionnaire, we will proceed with filling your request. Thank you for your interest in CYTOP™.